Shahram S. Gholami, M.D. is an internationally recognized expert in the field of minimally invasive laparoscopic and robotic surgery. He has been training novice urologists and sharing his expertise worldwide since 2000. His passion for innovation and leadership is demonstrated in his work.
Dr. Gholami has performed thousands of laparoscopic and/or robotic procedures since 2000. He has been performing laparoscopic prostatectomies longer than >98 % of practicing urologists.
Doctor Gholami’s International Recognition
- Men’s Health Network- Research Award
- Golden Glove Award- European School of Surgery
- Top Doctor- Silicon Valley Magazine
- Top Doctor- San Francisco Magazine
- Top Doctor- San Jose Business Journal
- California Urology Foundation Research Award
- Lapides Research Prize- Honorable Mention
- Stryker Endoscopy Laparoscopy/ Endoscopy Scholar
- Ethicon Endosurgery, Laparoscopy Scholar
- Society of Laparoendoscopic Surgeons Research Award
- 1st Place Award- Northern California Urology Resident
- Research Award, 2 time winner
- American College of Surgeons Award for Academic Excellence
- A Member of Urological Surgeons of Northern California, Inc.