You have been diagnosed with prostate cancer. We want to restore your health so that you can move forward without every having to worry about prostate cancer. Contact Dr. Gholami if he can answer any lingering questions or concerns you may have. Take comfort in the fact that you are not alone. We are dedicated to helping you to ease your concerns and move forward. Some information you should know:
- Prostate cancer strikes 1 in 6 men in their lifetime
- About a quarter million people are diagnosed with prostate cancer each year in the U.S.
- Survival rates are over 90% for those diagnosed and treated early
- Early recovery of continence and potency is possible with advanced robotic surgery
What Treatment Option is Right For You?
The type of treatment that is appropriate for you is based on a number of factors:
- Number of Positive Biopsies
- Stage of prostate cancer
- Current state of health and age
- Personal preferences
- Side effects of the different treatment options
The removal of the prostate (prostatectomy) is the most common prostate cancer treatment for early-stage localized cancer in the United States. Prostatectomy insures the highest rate of cure and removes the entire prostate and cancer from your body.
California Prostate Cancer Institute (PCI) offers the most advanced treatment options. At California PCI, Dr. Gholami uses the state of the art da Vinci Robot to cure prostate disease. The da Vinci prostatectomy offers tremendous benefits over open surgical procedures and in the hands of Dr. Gholami, you can be assured you have one of the world’s best surgeons treating you. Since 2000, Dr. Gholami has been performing laparoscopic/robotic surgery offering patients compassionate care and state-of-art techniques to ensure excellent outcomes. You can be assured that your surgery will be done in a private environment with Dr. Gholami doing the entire procedure without the use of residents or fellows.
Prostate Cancer Treatment Options
From Watchful Waiting to Prostatectomy
The treatment of prostate cancer can range from watchful waiting to removal of the prostate. Several factors influence the treatment option that is most appropriate for you. The appropriate treatment option is based on your age, your general health, PSA, grade of cancer (how aggressive the cancer cells are), stage of cancer (how far it has spread), number of positive biopsies, and percentage of each biopsy filled with cancer.
The treatment options include:
- Watchful Waiting
- Phytotherapy (Vitamins, Minerals, Diet)
- Hormone Therapy (Chemical Castration)
- HIFU (High Intensity Focus Ultrasound) Therapy
- Radiation Therapy
- Intensity Modulated Radiation Therapy (CT Guided, Cyber Knife)
- Proton Therapy
- Cryotherapy (Seeds- permanent and temporary)
- Robotic Prostatectomy (da Vinci)
- Open Surgery (Old Fashioned)
All options besides surgery leaves the prostate cancer within the body and treats the cancer while the prostate stays in the body.
Selecting which option is right for you is a difficult task. Request a consultation with Dr. Gholami if you need help or further information to make this process easier.
If surgery is right for you, the robotic prostatectomy is right for you. Robotic surgery in the expert hands of Dr. Gholami will give you the best chances of resuming your normal life without cancer.Request an Appointment