Anti-Aging Solutions for Men
While aging is inevitable, feeling older doesn’t have to be. The good news is that it’s possible to beat the longevity odds. Factors found to negatively affect longevity included smoking, excessive alcohol consumption, being overweight, high blood pressure, elevated blood sugar, and poor physical fitness. Men with all of these risk factors had less than a 25 percent chance of living to age 85. Fortunately, all of these risk factors can be improved with lifestyle changes.
Longevity in Men: Anti-Aging Strategies for Men
Here are some tried-and-true strategies to fight the effects of anti-aging:
- Maintain a healthy weight. You should calculate your body mass index (BMI). Simply take your weight (in pounds) divided by your height squared (in inches). Take that number and multiple it by 703. If your BMI is greater than 25, then you are probably overweight; if your BMI is above 30, then you are considered obese and you need to focus on losing weight.
- Watch your diet. Steer clear of fast food — it’s loaded with salt, which increases the risk of high blood pressure and heart disease. Some studies suggest that a healthy diet of 25- to 40-percent fewer calories than normal may help longevity.
- Exercise regularly. Aerobic workouts promote longevity by strengthening the heart and lungs. But don’t skimp on resistance workouts (with free weights or weight machines). Resistance training is the only type of exercise that slows declines in muscle mass, bone density, and strength that were once considered inevitable consequences of aging.
- Hormone Replacement Therapy. In order to directly resolve the body’s deficiency of certain hormones like testosterone and human growth hormone, hormone replacement therapy involves injections of bioidentical hormones that go to work instantly. Hormone replacement therapy has been proven to stop – and even reverse – the common signs of aging in men. What’s more, the process is extremely quick; most people report seeing results in just a matter of days.
- Botox/Laser Liposuction. Botox can help diminish the wrinkling associated with aging on the forehead and around the eyes, and it creates a temporary relaxation of the muscles that underlie the skin of the face in these areas. This action causes the skin to smooth out for the duration of the action on the muscles which lasts from three to six months. Sophisticated clients are also becoming more educated on the benefits of advanced, minimally invasive procedures like laser liposuction. Our body contouring laser uses optimal wavelengths to selectively “melt” fat and coagulate soft tissue. The result? Laser liposuction that delivers consistent aesthetic outcomes. More importantly, clients typically experience a more rapid recovery and results that will have their friends lining up at your doorstep.
It’s never too late to starting taking steps to fight the effects of aging. If your in the San Jose area and would like to speak with any of our qualified staff call our office to schedule an appointment today and let’s get you started on a more youthful you!Request an Appointment